What is Kitchen Witchery?
Kitchen Witchery is a magical art akin to alchemy but also closely tied to folk magick. The Kitchen Witch uses materials at hand to craft magical spells that also double as delicious meals, home decor, bath products, clothing, jewelry and other everyday items. Kitchen Witches cook and craft with intention while being mindful of the natural properties of the materials they use. While many Kitchen Witches work on instinct, we also spend a great deal of time studying recipes and the magical, healing and nutritional properties of the foods we use.
Kitchen Witch Corner is a repository of knowledge, a collection of magical recipes (and suggestions for how to use them), techniques and information about the properties of the tools and magical food ingredients used by Kitchen Witches the world over to produce magical meals that resonate with the energy of their intention. It is our sincere hope that you will find this information useful and join the fun by submitting your own recipes and joining the conversation in our forums!
Cook-A-Long with Kitchen Witch Corner
In the Northern Hemisphere the sun is finally shining and all those backyard cooks are finally getting out of the kitchen. In the Southern Hemisphere you might be trying to work in as many grilling sessions as you can before the winter sets in. Either way, we want to know all about your grilling adventures! Share your favorite recipes and tips right here. Ribs, Kababs, Seafood, Tofu… if you can grill it, tell us all about it!
How to Play
1. Submit a grilling recipe to our recipe database. Begin by typing the name of your recipe into the box below.
Make sure you include a link or attribution so you can get all the credit you deserve.
2. Go to the bottom of this page and click "Add a New Comment" to let anyone reading this page know that you have submitted a recipe. Be sure to include a link to the recipe.
3. Look at the list of recipes other people have submitted and select one to try out.
4. Make the recipe you've chosen. Take pictures! Tweak it if you like.
5. In the comments section of the recipe you've tried out, let us know how it went and any tweaks you made. Upload a picture if you like. If you have a blog, you can blog about it and link to the recipe from your blog, and to your blog post from the recipe.
That's it! Have Fun!
Feel free to submit as many recipes as you like and try out as many recipes as you like!
Please note: Your recipes may not show up properly in the database at first. I may need to do some fiddling with them first and I will. ASAP. But the direct link will work if you link it from a your blog or social network, even if it doesn't show up right away in the lists.
List Your Recipes Below
Just a few great recipes for your Midsummer Celebration.
This is an often requested favorite at potlucks. It's a marvelous start to a vegetarian meal. It also travels well and is a snap to make.
This is a great (and easy) way to celebrate the bounty of Nature.
A favorite birthday cake with all the best birthday wishes baked inside.
Here's an old favorite for Midsummer.
This rich, delicious combination of chicken and seasonal vegetables is suitable for any harvest celebration.